As a new user, you may be startled by the variety of alternatives accessible while searching for products. 1/8 inch plastic shims can come in various sizes and shapes, as well as materials and styles. Don’t freak out. Things aren’t as complicated as they appear. Below are our top tips and questions for selecting the correct product, followed by our recommendations for the best products on the market.
How We Choose
To summarize 1/8 inch plastic shims, we employed them daily for various objectives. Because the purpose of a product is to perform numerous tasks, we wanted to ensure that we examined ours in various circumstances. We evaluated the product’s stability, investigated the materials’ quality and durability, compressed and transported them if necessary, and measured and weighed the units. We have chosen our top picks based on expert recommendations:
- Brand value
- Consumer ratings, reviews & many more
The 10 Best 1/8 inch plastic shims Reviews in 2022
There are several options if you’re seeking for a new 1/8 inch plastic shims. Which one, though, is best for you? We’ve compiled a list of the top 1/8 inch plastic shims options at the moment.
To assist you in finding the ideal 1/8 inch plastic shims for your requirements, we tested each of these 1/8 inch plastic shims ourselves and evaluated them based on their quality, features, and value.
Although there are many different kinds of 1/8 inch plastic shims on the market right now, not all of them are worthwhile investing in. So, below are some of the best 1/8 inch plastic shims reviews:
- Handi-Shims can be easily and neatly cut into smaller units for small-scale jobs and can be easily secured using a pre-drilled screw hole
- Cost 20 Percent less than the average shim and are available in four color-coded thicknesses and 15 combinations of sizes and quantities
- Handi-Shims can serve as high-precision spacers and scribes
- Handi-Shims form a secure, flat base with only one shim (not needing to overlap two wedge-shaped shims)
- Made of plastic, Handi-Shims resist compression, will not rot, and can be reused in many applications
- Proper Measurement: including black, yellow, red, blue colors, black U shim measures about 1/4 inch in thickness, yellow one measures about 3/16 inch in thickness, red one measures about 1/8 inch in thickness, blue one measures about 1/16 inch in thickness, 4 sizes for you to choose
- U Shaped Design: the tile spacers are designed with horseshoe and U shaped, with stable structure, suitable for spacing tiles, windows, installation, curtain walls and other spacing requirements
- Quality Material: these U shape plastic shims mainly adopt quality PP material, reliable and stable, sturdy and secure, not easy to break, fade or wear, serving you for a long time
- Easy to Operate: you just need to place the prongs of the horseshoe shims in grout joint, to justify and space, very suitable for people engaged in the construction industry, easy and convenient
- Ample to Use and Share: the package comes with 200 pieces of plastic shims in 4 colors, 50 pieces for each color, rich in color and abundant in quantity, convenient for you to use, replace or share, sufficient to meet your daily needs
- Plastic Shims for Leveling: Plastic shims are used to fill in the spaces around windows and between tongue and groove panels. And these horseshoe shims are same thickness and flat
- Quality Material: These are solid inside unlike most others hollow so they will stand up to a lot of pressure, reliable and stable, sturdy and secure, and not easy to break
- More Functional: Compare to wooden shims, U Shaped Shims are not tapered and will not rot/ compress over time. In addition, It makes it easy to put a bolt/screw thru materials
- What You Will Get: 60 pcs per model, 1/4 inch tile spacers black , 3/16 inch tile spacers yellow, 1/8 inch tile spacers red, 1/16 inch tile spacers blue
- Easy to Use: Simply place the prongs of the horseshoe spacer in the grout joint, keeping the perfectly spaced. Just run them under water when done, and they are as good as new
- Used beneath the spring-loaded strike plates of hinged screen door hardware to adjust for firm contact with screen door latch
- Plastic construction
- Easy to install
- 1/8 in. thick x 7/8 in. wide x 2-5/8 in. tall
- Off-white in color
- √ Horseshoe shims are made of solid plastic and reusable, will last a lot longer than normal rubber spacers.
- √ Sufficient quantities can meet your various needs of tile work, 250 pieces U shaped tiles shims are convenient for you to use and replace.
- √ The bright red color and ideal size make it very easy to grab even with gloves when installing tile.
- √ Horseshoe shim spacers can help to accurately aligning and spacing of granite, wall tiles, porcelain, large-format tile.
- √ Super easy to install and remove, greatly improve the efficiency of tile projects.
- Reusable tile spacers will not compress or crush under load, ideal for leveling heavy wall tile.
- 1/8 inch shims - 250 Piece Jar. Shim dimensions - 1/8", 1-1/2" x 2"
- Proudly made in the USA
- Use to accurately space and align marble, granite, porcelain, stone, large-format tile and more.
- "U" shape allows the installer to lift both corners of the material and uniformly align the joints.
- 【U-Shaped Design】Horseshoe, U-shaped, structural strength Shims! The stable structures are for spacing tiles, windows, installation, curtain walls, and other spacing requirements, both horizontal and vertical tile installations.
- 【Proper Size】The black U-shim measures about 1/4 inch in thickness, the yellow one measures about 3/16 inch in thickness, the red one measures about 1/8 inch in thickness, and the blue one measures about 1/16 inch in thickness, 4 sizes for you to proper measurement, bringing you convenience.
- 【Value Pack】The package contains 240 or 400 pieces of U-shaped plastic shims in 4 colors, including red, green, yellow, and black, 60 pieces per color, the rich colors and abundant quantities will meet your daily demands, convenient for you to use or replace, besides, you can share with your friends and family.
- 【For Leveling】Made of quality PP material, these plastic window shims are reliable and stable, sturdy and safe, not easy to fade or wear, and great for aligning marble, granite, porcelain, and large size tiles, serving you for a long time.
- 【Easy to Operate】Just place the prongs of the 1/4, 3/16, 1/8, and 1/16 shims in the grout joint, to align and space. Our horseshoe shims for leveling is a reputation for quality, strength, and ease of installation from industry professionals. Suitable for people engaged in the construction industry.
- Three Standard Lengths
- Packed in Convenient Sleeves and Tubs
- Color Coded for Convenience
- Simplifies All Leveling Requirements
- Bolt Hole: 1/2"
- Overall Shim Size: 1-1/2 X 2
- Horseshoe, U Shaped, Structural Strength Shims! A reputation for quality, strength and ease of installation from industry professionals. Great for Spacing Tiles, Window, Installation, Curtain Wall and other needs for spacing! Bridge Fasteners has been supplying construction companies for over 30 years with top quality products
- Qty: 100
- Thickness of Each Shim: 1/8"
Things to Consider When Buying 1/8 inch plastic shims
You want to buy 1/8 inch plastic shims. You want to make sure that you spend your money on something that will last and be a good value. But how do you know what is the best product? The first thing to consider is whether or not you need an item. If you don’t need it, there’s no reason to buy it. If you do need it, then consider the following:
- What is your budget?
- How much storage space do you need?
- Are you buying for your business or personal use?
- Can it be used anywhere in the world?
- How much weight?
- Is it easy to set up and use?
- What do I want from this product?
- Is this product available in my budget?
- Are there any other alternatives?
- Where do I find the best deals for this product?
- What are the pros and cons of each option?
Here are some of the most important things to consider when buying products online.
Many people make the mistake of buying 1/8 inch plastic shims right away without checking their budget first. That’s one of the reasons they spend too much money on things they don’t really need or want in the first place! Set aside a budget beforehand so you won’t spend too much money on something that isn’t worth it at all!
The price of a product is important because it affects your budget, but it isn’t the only thing affecting your budget. For example, if you buy 1/8 inch plastic shims, then you’ll have to spend more money on replacing them sooner than if you had spent a little more on a higher-quality product in the first place. Which will cost more money than just buying products at the beginning of the week!
The quality of a product is how well it performs its intended purpose over time or as needed by its owner. You might look at two products with similar prices and think they’re equal in value because they both do what they’re supposed to do equally well, but one may last longer while doing so or perform better under certain conditions than another product.
Another factor that should be considered when buying 1/8 inch plastic shims is its durability. When shopping online for products such as 1/8 inch plastic shims, make sure that they have good ratings in terms of durability so that you can choose only those items that are built to last long periods of time without breaking down easily or falling apart immediately after being used a few times.
Research about the product
If you want to buy something worth your money, then it is advisable that you do some research about it before deciding whether or not to buy it at all. Research about 1/8 inch plastic shims will help you determine if it has any negative effects on people’s health or not; if it has any hidden costs associated with its maintenance and operation; and whether or not it will suit your needs well.
Last update on 2022-11-27 at 09:20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API